Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Formulas, Bubbles, and Family

I know it has been awhile since I've posted. Christmas is screaming towards us and I've been a busy Queen Bee around here. Last weekend we headed to Webb City to celebrate Christmas with the Allens. The drive was long but we found a formula that has become essential when traveling with a toddler these days.
DVD player + snacks = happy kiddo
Remember that.


 The long drive was worth it. When Dude sees Sissy,
 the happiness that bubbles out of him is just an awesome thing to see.
You can't ask for more as a parent than to see your children love each other so fiercely and have a blast together.

Forgive the quality of the photo. It was one of those
 "just capture the moment and don't worry about the setting" split second.

 We stopped for an overnight stay in Springfield on Friday
 then headed to Webb City on Saturday morning.
The only time I ever got out my camera was when Hub's dad took Dude out to sit in his '66 Chevy Truck. Man, this truck was darn cool. Dude got a kick out of honking the horn.



It was a short visit but a good visit nonetheless.  
We got in late Sunday night but I just had to get everything back to normal as quickly as possible, so unpacking everything was first on my list. I had a little helper.
Again with the photo quality. Eeeesh.
 Man, he's cute. Crazy hair. Big blue eyes. I'm in love.
 Christmas Eve is in 2 days. Shopping is done and gifts are wrapped. All that needs to happen now is for me to sit back and enjoy my family for a three day weekend.
See ya. 

No comments: