Monday, October 4, 2010

Fishies and Lions and Fondant, Oh My!

I'm still here, faithful blog readers! Here are a few recent creations of mine that I'm particularly proud of. The first one is a fishy cake that I made for the son of my very first friend ever. We recently reconnected on Facebook and all she asked for was a fishy cake. Turns out, the colors that I used were the EXACT colors that she had for the party. It worked out perfectly! This was my first time trying out these fondant fish and I think they turned out pretty good! Looking back, I think I would've added a little more to the cake.
This was a 10" round cake
Yellow cake with vanilla buttercream and homemade marshmallow fondant "water" and fish

My next cake was a jungle themed cake.
I copied the lion face from a picture that was sent to me.
A simple 6" round cake with mini cuppies for a 1 year old boy.
Yellow cake with vanilla buttercream and homemade marshmallow fondant base and accents.

I had a lot of fun with these and I look forward to my next animal adventure! :)

No comments: