Monday, June 28, 2010

Princess Cake & Cuppies

Here is a cake and cupcakes that were for a Disney Princess themed party.
I had a lot of fun making this round!
The music on my iPod that got me through the long night? Reggaeton!
Lesson learned from this round? Always always have a finished presentation board. The humidity was murder on the fondant and frosting so I was right up to the 11th hour just tweaking and didn't have time to edge the board. Bad Cassie! Luckily, the table was awash with tulle, gems, and flower petals so it wasn't THAT noticeable.
My client just asked for chocolate cake cupcakes with purple vanilla frosting. She had the princess tower and the little tiaras herself. I think it turned out cute! :)
The top of the cake. The birthday girl wanted a tiara that she could pull off the cake and wear.
Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and marshmallow fondant.

Have a princess-y day! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I envy your fondant skills. My first fondant cake was ugly to say the least, but the kid loved it anyway! Haha, saw you on "Hitting My Stride" and follow YHL aswell!

fromparriswithlove.wordpress.com