Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

For Father's Day this year we relaxed (lots of fun giggle time on the floor with Griffin). We ate great food (Eggie-in-a-basket for breakfast, sun dried tomato & provolone chicken sausage & Cabot's Vermont super sharp cheddar cheese for lunch, mexican for dinner, and maple bacon cupcakes for dessert!). We went for a loooooong drive and listened to great music, talked & laughed while Griffin napped in the car.
It was so nice not to HAVE to do anything for a day and just connect and be present as a family.

My handsome boy
I love this picture. Pure joy!Throwing rocks in the lake and listening to the "PLUNK"
My boys
Now for the cupcakes. My Father's Day gift to Matt.
Maple bacon cupcakes with maple frosting and bacon "sprinkles". I'm not a huge bacon fan and while baking these, I had my reservations on whether or not this would actually work but I couldn't get Matt to stop eating them!
I tried one myself and I've got to say they were pretty darn good!
I'm adding these gems to my menu for sure!
Happy Father's Day to all the great dad's and father figures out there!
Here's to you!

No comments: