Friday, July 24, 2009

Darn These Birthin' Hips!

It's been 1 year since having my son and I'm daily discouraged that I weigh the same as I did when I was 8 months pregnant. It's been a difficult "body" year for me. I found this quote the other day when I was just about to give in to the thought, "Well, this is just the way it's going to have to be. You can appreciate your body for what it has been able to do and look back fondly on what it was. *sigh*". It couldn't have come to me in a better time.
"Your body is an amazingly adaptive machine. Ask it to be stronger and stronger you will be. Challenge it to go further and further you will go. Coax it to be more limber and more limber it will be. Allow it to mold into the seat of a recliner and, you got it, a recliner seat it will become. Stretch it, push it, pull it; your body is like cellular Play-Doh
waiting for you to be the sculptor."
- Shawn Phillips, American Author of Strength For Life
So, I'll keep on truckin' with no particular goal in mind but to be a super strong mom that will be able to run and play and swing and dance with my son.

No comments: