Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time Sure Does Fly!!






My little Rockstar is 7 months old today...And what a ride it's been! When Griffin came into our lives, we knew it would never be the same but I truly didn't count on the absolute joy and happiness that I would feel! I watched him crawl for the first time yesterday and I just started laughing! Pride just bubbled out of me! I keep getting comments from people like "uh oh! now your fun really begins!" or "better watch out!", as though now comes the hard part. Well, of course it gets harder and harder each day, month, year...That's all a part of being a parent...But I'll take it. I'll take it all because I've never felt so much happiness or freedom or pride as I do when I look into Griffin's eyes and he looks back at me and smiles and says "mmm mmm mama" or when he sat across the room from me yesterday and when I put my arms out and said "come to Mama" he got this huge grin on his face and squealed and crawled (looking like a baby deer on ice) right towards me, then crawled up into my arms and sucked his thumb...What a day. What a time. What a life...

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love this post and love you! So glad you are enjoying the ride! :)

Katrina said...

Cute cute photos! What a sweetie he is!!